Over 150 years of fiscally responsible Republican Leadership in county government has successfully given Chester County the opportunity to thrive.
- Chester County is among the lowest county property taxes in Southeastern Pennsylvania.
- Over the past two years, in the toughest economic times since the Great Depression and in the face of declining revenue, our Republican County Commissioners held the line on taxes by reducing government spending to ensure no additional burden would be placed on the families in our county.
- Chester County is recognized as one of the top 24 “Best Managed Counties in the United States.” (Moody’s Investors Services)
- Chester County is the only county in the Commonwealth and one of 23 nationwide to receive three Aaa bond ratings from Moody’s Investors Services, Standard & Poor’s and Fitch Ratings which saves taxpayers millions.
- Moody’s Investors Services reported, “the Aaa rating reflects the county’s solid financial management, sizeable and diverse tax base, strong socioeconomic profile, and manageable debt position. The stable outlook reflected Moody’s expectation of continued sound financial performance driven by conservative budgeting practices…”
- Fitch Ratings reported, “The ‘Aaa’ rating reflects the county’s solid financial operations and reserve levels, fiscally prudent management, planning strategies and policies…”
- Chester County was presented with the 2011 Governor’s Award for Local Government Excellence in the category of Fiscal Accountability and Best Management Practices.
- This award was in recognition of Chester County’s Managing for Results project which established a performance based budgeting system in the county to increase fiscal accountability.
- Chester County is nationally acclaimed as a leader in open space preservation with tens of thousands of acres permanently preserved.
- Chester County is ranked as the healthiest county in Pennsylvania by the University of Wisconsin.
- Chester County is ranked as the most educated county in Pennsylvania by the United States Census Bureau.