Over 150 years of fiscally responsible Republican Leadership in county government has successfully given Chester County the opportunity to thrive.
- Over the past two years, in the toughest economic times since the Great Depression and in the face of declining revenue, our Republican County Commissioners held the line on taxes by reducing government spending to ensure no additional burden would be placed on the families in our county.
- Chester County is among the lowest county property taxes in Southeastern Pennsylvania.
- Chester County is recognized as one of the top 24 “Best Managed Counties in the United States.” (Moody’s Investors Services)
- Chester County is the only county in the Commonwealth and one of 23 nationwide to receive three triple-A bond ratings from Moody’s Investors Services, Standard & Poor’s and Fitch Ratings which saves taxpayers millions.
- Moody’s Investors Services reported, “the Aaa rating reflects the county’s solid financial management, sizeable and diverse tax base, strong socioeconomic profile, and manageable debt position. The stable outlook reflected Moody’s expectation of continued sound financial performance driven by conservative budgeting practices…”
- Fitch Ratings reported, “The ‘Aaa’ rating reflects the county’s solid financial operations and reserve levels, fiscally prudent management, planning strategies and policies…”
- Chester County was presented with the 2011 Governor’s Award for Local Government Excellence in the category of Fiscal Accountability and Best Management Practices.
- This award was in recognition of Chester County’s Managing for Results project which established a performance based budgeting system in the county to increase fiscal accountability.
- Chester County is number one in PA for median household income
- Chester County is the top tech hub in Pennsylvania
- Five of the nation’s top 60 suburbs in which to buy a house are in Chester County
- Chester County number two in PA in total value of agriculture products sold
- Chester County has the lowest unemployment rate out of Pennsylvania's 67 counties
- Chester County is ranked as the most educated county in Pennsylvania by the United States Census Bureau.
- Chester County is number three in the nation for school listings
- Chester County claims five of America’s top high schools
- Downingtown STEM Academy number one in PA for school performance profile
- Unionville-Chadds Ford School District number one in PA for standardized test scores
- Conestoga ranked #4 in PA top high schools
- Chester County is #15 of 2,772 in the Counties with the Best Public Schools in America
- Chester County is #2 of 65 in Counties with the Best Public Schools in PA
- Westtown is the #12 private school in PA
- Chester County is nationally acclaimed as a leader in open space preservation with tens of thousands of acres permanently preserved.
- Schuylkill River Trail voted Best Urban Trail in the nation
- Herr’s Factory Tour is number one food factory tour in the nation
- Chester County reaches milestone of 25 percent of protected open space (now 26 percent)
- Chester County is the sixth happiest county in America
- Longwood Gardens – best public garden in the U.S., one of 10 best Botanical Gardens for families in the U.S.; best bathrooms in the U.S.
- Number one PA state winery is in Chester County
- Top 10 places in America for Santa’s arrival- West Chester, PA
- Mushroom Festival is second best specialty food festival in the U.S.
- Chester County is #65 of 2,773 in Best Counties for Outdoor Activities in America
- Upper Uwchlan Township is the third best place to raise a family in the U.S. and second safest place to live in PA
- Chester County ranked top 10 counties in the nation to raise a family (Forbes.com)
- Chester County ranked fourth best county in the nation by Movoto.com- Chester County top one/two healthiest counties in PA-
- West Chester is the second and Phoenixville is the fifth most exciting place to live in PA
- Phoenixville is the third best town in PA for young families
- In the 2017 Operating Budget Expenditures by Function, Chester County allocated 49% of the budget towards Human Services. This budget helped Public Health, the human service funds, and Pocopson Home, the long-term care facility.
-Chester County Hospital named one of the 100 best hospitals in the U.S.
- Chester County is #10 of 65 in Most Diverse Counties in PA
Future Goals- VISTA 2025
Chester County's now entering the third of this 10 year plan for economic success. This ten year plan involves creating an integrated brand that positions Chester County as a national destination. It aims at cultivating tomorrow's talent through building a comprehensive workforce and education system for a well-equipped talent pool. Part of the plan for economic success is building pride of place by enhancing and leveraging the diversity of people, industries, landscapes and cultures. The goal is to enhance the vibrancy of Chester County's many emerging urban centers and preserving the county's agricultural heritage. The intention is to connect farm and food businesses with progressive ag-economic development services.