Judge Christylee Peck
ABOUT JUDGE CHRISTYLEE PECK
DEPTH OF EXPERIENCE
Court of Common Pleas Judge-elected 2011
Experienced in broad areas of the law – serves every day in court handling criminal, civil, family, dependency (children and youth) proceedings, and Orphan’s Court matters.
Experienced in pre-trial, trial and appellate proceedings
Experienced in Post Conviction Relief hearings, Children’s Fast Track appeals, and all appellate review from Court of Common Pleas
-Experienced in Jury and Non-Jury Trials
- Experienced in Administration of Justice
- Administrative Judge for Adult Probation and Parole
- Administrative Dependency Judge
- Board Member of the Cumberland County Prison
- Board Member Pennsylvania Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children
- Strong Past Prosecutor – Cumberland and Lancaster Counties
-Successfully handled over 1500 cases involving homicide, violent assaults, robberies, burglaries, rapes, sexual assaults, thefts and all types of crimes.
Lead prosecutor for child abuse crimes involving the physical and sexual abuse of children and child pornography.
-Successfully prosecuted offenders who killed people while driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
-Coordinated the formation and ongoing operation of the Cumberland County Multidisciplinary Team for child abuse cases, bringing together police officers, Cumberland County Children and Youth, victim advocates, and medical professionals to ensure justice for child victims of abuse.
- Practiced civil litigation and business law at a former Harrisburg law firm.
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court Commission on Judicial Independence Member.
- Pennsylvania Conference of State Trial Judges Association – Executive Committee.
- Pennsylvania Office of Children and Family in the Courts State Roundtable Legal - - -
- Member of the Pennsylvania and Cumberland County Bar Associations; Cumberland County Inn of Court
- Adjunct Professor of Advocacy at the Dickinson School of Law
- PinnacleHealth Children’s Resource Center Child Hero Awardee.
- Past trainer at Rape Crisis Services of Cumberland County.
- Past Member of the Pennsylvania District Attorneys Association and Child Abuse Coalition.
- Anne Anstine Excellence in Public Service Series – Class of 2010: selected to participate in a leadership program for women in public service.
Born, raised and lives in Central Pennsylvania.
Graduate of Dickinson School of Law – J.D. 2001; Penn State University – B.A. 1997 – Psi Chi National Psychology Honor Society; Carlisle Area High School.
Member of Trinity Lutheran Church in Camp Hill.