DiGiorgio Elected State GOP Chairman
HARRISBURG, PA – Val DiGiorgio, chairman of the Chester County Republican Party, was elected to serve as chairman of the Republican Party of Pennsylvania. The election was held at the party’s winter meeting in Hershey with the nearly 350 state committee members from across Pennsylvania voting in the chairman race. In addition, the following Republicans were unanimously elected as officers of the Pennsylvania Republican Party.
- Bernadette “Bernie” Comfort, Vice Chair, Lehigh County
- D. Raja, Treasurer, Allegheny County
- Andy Reilly, Secretary. Delaware County (re-elected)
- Peg Ferraro, Assistant Secretary, Northampton County (re-elected)
The members also voted to unanimously endorse candidates for statewide judicial seats. The candidates listed below were all unanimously endorsed by the Republican Party of Pennsylvania.
- Justice Sallie Updyke Mundy, Tioga County
- Judge Emil A. Giordano, Northampton County
- Judge Wade A. Kagarise, Blair County
- Judge Paula A. Patrick, Philadelphia County
- Craig W. Stedman, Lancaster County
- Judge Christine Fizzano Cannon, Delaware County
- Paul N. Lalley, Allegheny County
In his speech while sharing how humbled he was to be receive the support and endorsement of the state committee members, Chairman DiGiorgio turned his focus to the 2017 elections. “A united Republican Party is unstoppable,” said DiGiorgio. “This year we will double down on our success from last year and bring home victories for all seven of our endorsed candidates. As one voice, one campaign, and one army of dedicated grassroots volunteers, we will go seven for seven in our statewide races.”